Hello… I’ve Waited Here For You… Evernote

Evernote allows you to save, store, and organize anything from lists and notes to pictures, audio files, and websites. Two of its selling features are that it can run on virtually any Internet-ready device you already own, and that it aids in organization by allowing file labeling and tagging. Another selling feature is that the premium subscription is only $5 a month.

The pitcher himself has what I would call a “meh” enthusiasm level. He seems to care, but passion and energy levels are low. Billy Mays or Powerthirst levels of intensity aren’t necessary, but they would have held my attention a bit more than Mr. Libin. However, while he isn’t very inspiring, he does come across as sincere and delivers a fairly comprehensive message. My own trust and interest levels are enough to find out more.

I visited Evernote’s site and got a bit more intrigued. I watched a video about its use in schools and got even more intrigued. I even went “mmmMMMmmm” when I thought about what I could do with it in my class on a SMART Board. I watched a tutorial video on YouTube. I was getting won over.

Then, after letting the hype settle, I thought, “Don’t I already have something like this that I never use? Livebinderit? (Now known as Livebinders)” While it’s not the same as Evernote, my non-use of Livebinderit, and the fact that Evernote was suddenly not-so-original had me rethinking investment. I am intrigued, but with my knowledge level of it at the moment, my experience and gut is telling me “I’m out.”

Posted in: Week 03: Analyst Bootcamp